Currently hiring two Data Warehouse specialist/Senior Data Engineers for two different clients but with similar requirements.
The first one is a global and reputed Media firm whereas the second is well known large Tech firm headquartered in HK. They are both creating a new Data Engineering team.
Reporting to the Senior director Data Analytics, the team has been created in order to create a centralised DataWarehouse / Data Mart focusing on customer. Supporting different teams and business units across APAC: data analyst/data scientist and engineers
From design, architecture, hands on building/ implementation to the delivery, you manage from end to end the projects and participate into the data strategy.
You will also bring a special care on the data quality/data governance of this project. Creating a data catalog, guarding user privacy and respecting the SLA. Finally, you provide guidance and training to the other teams to teach them how to use the platform.
Career path: very senior candidate can be considered as Team Lead and more junior candidates can be considered for the Tech firm.
- Design and participate into the DataWarehouse/ Mart architecture
- Build the ingestion procession, storage and consumption system data
- Operate the data platform
- Partner up with several internal teams
- Train them on how to use the platform
- From 2 year to 6 years' experience in ETL, Data Warehouse or data engineer related roles
- Good understanding in big data tools such as Hadoop, Spark, Flink, Storm
- Ideal first experience in Cloud (Azure, AWS or GCP)
- Fluent in English. Any other Asian language is a plus (Cantonese, Mandarin, Korean, Japanese) but not mandatory
Location: Hong Kong - WFH: allowed and encouraged
- Permanent role
- Start Date: May/June 2021 but open to longer notice period
- Attractive base salary: depending on seniority up to HKD 75 k/ month
- Bonus: 15-20% + 20 annual leaves
Interested in this description? Would you like to know more?
The next steps are to apply with an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or a first call through my direct line +852 6106 7562 for a confidential discussion.