About Our Client
Our client is a large conglomerate and hospitality brand in Asia. They are looking for a new Financial Controller for their food retail business that operates in 15+ countries worldwide.
In this role, you'll be reporting directly to the CFO and be number 1 accounting person in the company. You will be working closely with other teams to support growth and strategic development of the company.
- Establish, monitor, and oversee enforcement of accounting policies and procedures to guide financial decisions for the business unit, adhere to corporate accounting policies for financial accounting and reporting requirements in relation to IFRS
- Manage and review the timely and accurate completion of month end close activities and financial reporting, ensuring adequate internal control policies and procedures are in place and operational
- Review consolidated financial statements and monthly budget versus actual analysis as well as preparing forecast and financial projection
- Conduct feasibility studies and be responsible for investment analysis to support business strategies and company direction
- Work with external auditors and ensure critical information is received timely for the annual and quarterly audits
- Comply with local requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed tax requirement actions
- Lead and manage a team by coaching and counseling employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
- Develop and maintain strong relationships across departments (tax, FP&A, treasury, legal, and commercial teams) to ensure operational and financial plans are created and implemented to achieve the company's goal
- Protect assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls over accounts payable, fixed assets, and accounts receivable processes
- Identify and execute improvements in order to better support business operations
- Leadership or involvement in ad-hoc requests for both financial data and analysis, as well as both leading and participating in departmental groups to drive financial and operational improvement
- At least a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- 15+ years of work experience in an Accounting Manager or Financial Controller role, experience in food retail or chain hospitality is preferable
- Strong business acumen with direct experience in financial reporting & analysis
- A team leader with ability to multitask, manage stakeholders and great interpersonal skills
- A proficient SAP user
- Good command of English and a native speaker of Thai
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.