About Our Client
Our client is a global leading trading company who has been in the business for almost 10 decades. They have been growing decently and is now expanding their business across the regions. They are now looking for a GL Manager who will be taking care of a large team, a great opportunity to take a new challenge in a managerial role.
As a key member of the Finance Shared Services Centre, the GL Manager will lead a team of 2 Senior Accountants and will manage the delivery and quality of service, the team workload and controllership of the GL function in the Thailand Finance Shared Services Centre dealing with internal customers.
- Manage posting of financial transactions, manage internal customer query resolution and ensure equal distribution of workload across all General Ledger team members
- Deal with specific internal customer service site issues as required
- Promote positive image of the Finance Shared Services Centre General Ledger team and Finance Shared Services Centre to external and internal customers
- Resolve all escalated queries and disputes with appropriate stakeholders to maintain internal customer satisfaction and to drive individual GL processes such as posting of journal entries, ledger account and bank reconciliations and management of fixed assets administration, escalating customer service issues as necessary
- Maintain integrity of the General Ledger reconciliations to appropriate sub-ledgers and supporting documents including month end reconciliation to the General Ledger
- Oversee process for expense report sample selection and audit
- Promote and implement standardization of GL processes
- Manage VAT and tax reporting
- Ensure that the controls framework is applied to Finance Shared Services Centre General Ledger activities
- Archive records to satisfy audit, tax and statutory requirements of the relevant jurisdiction of Finance Shared Services Centre clients
- Ensure procedures are up to date and fully complied with
- Promote culture of continuous process improvement
- At least a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Big4 Audit experience is required, CPA is a plus
- 6+ years of working experience in General Ledgers or Accounting, preferably from trading or automotive MNCs
- Solid knowledge with statutory accounting, tax compliance, fixed asset etc.
- Accurate, customer-focused, multitasking, confident and mature team player with strong communication skills and learning agility
- Willingness for team coaching and development
- A proficient user of SAP and MS Excel (Pivot, VLookup)
- Strong command of English and a Thai native speaker
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.