The Head of QC role includes the delivery of consulting and strategy services to clients that are looking to establish better software engineering and quality engineering practices. It requires leading teams of QE / QC personnel performing both manual and automated testing, working directly with engineering teams, product teams, and business partners, to provide thought leadership to define and implement testing and test automation strategies.
- Drives Quality Engineering work for our organization through projects delivery.
- Coaches, guides and mentors employees and leaders to ensure success and ongoing skill development
- Leads the evaluation of sourced candidates, hires new team members and supports their onboarding
- Is responsible for health of the software and platforms of our testing environments.
- Represents team's capabilities and operating model and balances strategic vision and tactical needs
- Is responsible for optimizing and maturing our QE capability, including training, methodologies and potential open source development.
- Develops and promotes innovative solutions, methodologies, and messaging
- Identifies opportunities for growth/maturation of capability
- Recognized as a Quality Engineering expert, and actively builds and maintains strong and collaborative relationships across businesses
- Active in the technology community through various channels including conferences, meetups, blogging, etc.
What You'll Bring
- 7+ years in the software quality (or related) field, with 3+ years serving as a Quality/Test Lead or Manager.
- Experience with both manual and automated testing, as well as QE delivery in Agile delivery models.
- Experience leading test strategy in complex business domains, across a variety of technology platforms
- Strong understanding of test activities including test planning, test case design, and test execution
- Experience in all phases of the software and testing lifecycle, inception through deployment
- Delivery leadership in a range of agile methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, SAFE, LESS, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; able to communicate technical topics to executive level stakeholders, build visual communication artifacts, and lead group presentations
- Informed opinions on common quality tools, vendors, and frameworks (e.g. TestRail, HP ALM, SauceLabs, Selenium, VSTS, Jira, Appium, Protractor, etc.)
- Breadth of experience in various QE-related roles from Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) through QE Management, including automation framework developer, performance engineer, defect manager, release manager, and data or environment manager
- Test data setup and performance testing experience
- People Management experience
- QE/testing practice development
- Additional technical experience across areas such as security testing, DevOps, and custom tool development
- Experience working with senior level clients (directors, C-level)
- Clear emphasis and career focus on QE
- QE/testing, project management, and Scrum master certifications are a plus
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.