A rare and exciting opportunity exists for a Legal Counsel to join our client on initially a 6 -month project. Working as part of a small and focused legal team, you will play an essential part in the growth of this global brand
The role will include:
- Providing legal advice on a diverse range of matters across the entire group of businesses;
- A focus on M&A and commercial law;
- Working autonomously and owning key business stakeholder relationships across the entire group;
- Assisting in the development of the legal intellectual capital in the business and collaborating with other members of the (future) legal team and executive team to develop and deliver key legal function outcomes;
- Developing relationships, processes and procedures to provide efficient and effective legal services to the business through the identification and management of risk.
- Assisting with and/or managing the review, drafting and negotiating of a range of general commercial agreements
- Assisting with and/or managing the review, drafting and negotiating of Sale of Business agreements as part of the M&A program
- Advising the business in relation to a diverse range of legal issues, including privacy, general contracts, consumer and competition, intellectual property and finance-related matters.
- Managing and supervising external legal providers.
- A minimum of 4 years PQE at a top tier / boutique law firm or equivalent in-house experience, with exposure to and experience in a range of corporate/commercial matters.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple and varied tasks, including excellent organisational and time management skills, and the ability to work autonomously as well as part of a broader team.
- A 'common-sense' approach when handling legal matters that balances legal requirements with commercial considerations.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and an ability to manage a variety of stakeholders.
- Experience with commercial, property and M&A contracts, will be viewed favourably.
Argyll Scott Singapore Pte Ltd
EA License No. 16S8105
Williams Neil Martin
EA Reg No: R2197347