About the company
One of my clients in the global retail and food business space is looking for a Legal Counsel. You will be part of the legal team, reporting to the Chief Legal Officer based in Singapore. This is a great opportunity for a proactive candidate to take more accountability and responsibility to partner with senior stakeholders
About the role
Excellent opportunity to be part of a fast-growing and dynamic business with a regional coverage in APAC
- Provide commercially and legally sound advice and support to the organization
- Drafting and reviewing regional vendor agreements as well as internal standards and manuals.
- Support legal strategic thinking in M&A and alternative ownership options and documenting deal outcomes.
- Document and manage the business and contractual relationship with franchisees including negotiations with franchise partners.
- Franchise registration and disclosure filings.
- Shape compliance with global legal policies, implement, track and monitor compliance.
- Work with external counsels to ensure our contracts and enforcement comply with local laws and regulations, including tax law and dispute resolution.
- Build legal know-how internally and among the franchise community by presenting talks, workshops, building repeatable models.
- Common law qualified lawyer, with at least 5 years pqe with experience in corporate commercial law in private practice, in-house or both
- Knowledge and experience in e-commerce, digital and technology, data security and privacy laws will be a strong advantage
- A business-oriented lawyer with strong commercial contracts drafting, reviewing, and negotiating skills
- A team player who can adapt their style to meet the needs of different situations and audience
- Ability to regularly deal with ambiguity and assess risk
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and listening skills) to proactively engage and influence cross-functional peers, internal clients, senior management, franchisees, and suppliers to find commercially practicable solutions and to implement them
- Able to work independently and in a team, with initiative to seek guidance as necessary
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks and handle changing priorities successfully in a fast-paced environment
- High personal and professional integrity and the ability to establish personal credibility within the department and organization
Argyll Scott Singapore Pte Ltd
EA License No. 16S8105
EA Reg No: R1982285