This is an opportunity with an International Bank based in Singapore. You will be part of a small team reporting into the Head of Legal.
- To support the Head of Legal, Asia on all legal and regulatory matters for the Bank Corporate Markets and Commercial Banking Asia.
- To support Global Transaction Banking and Lending products, in particular trade finance and loans.
- To support the bank on general legal issues and contracts, including supplier contracts and other general contracts.
- Advise business areas on legal risk and corporate governance.
- Proactive, resilient and able to support and manage relevant legal risk policies and frameworks in a dynamic environment.
- Proactively identify, report and escalate legal or governance issues, recommending solutions as required.
- Proactively influences and advises stakeholders, contributes to business and transaction decision-making by providing professional advice, insight and innovative thinking
- At least 4 years plus Singapore / UK qualified lawyer
- Must have a strong experience in Trade Finance & lending
- Cross border transactional experience preferred
- Candidates with strong banking & finance experience may also be considered
- Outstanding negotiation, communication and drafting skills.
- Confident, sociable and be able to hold their own when dealing with senior management.
EA Registration Number: R1656454
Argyll Scott Singapore Pte Ltd. EA Licence Number: 16S8105