About Our Client
Our client is a multinational leading manufacturer of FMCG and Personal Care products founded over 100 years ago. They are specialized in both professional and retail sectors with strong presence around the globe and total revenue of $10 billion. They are now looking for a new Plant Finance Director to join their dynamic and experienced senior management team and lead the overall finance & accounting functions in Thailand.
This position is responsible for leading the financial operations at all plants in Thailand and contributes to the business strategy of the sites as a key member of the senior leadership team. You will be responsible for providing leadership and direction in the areas of general and cost accounting, corporate reporting, budgeting and forecasting, risk analysis, and ensures compliance with GAAP and company policies. As a finance leader, the controller is expected to interact with all functional groups within the plants to serve as the finance business partner in supporting business decisions. This position supervises general accounting, cost accounting, and finance functions.
- Interacts with functional managers to provide consultative support to planning initiatives through financial and operational analyses, reports and recommendations
- Supports new business and new product development efforts; including developing budgets and costing models, pricing recommendations, contract reviews, negotiations, and presentations
- Contributes to the strategic and business planning process, including providing recommendations to senior management on short-term and long-term financial and operational strategy for the organization
- Analyzes company operations, identifying areas that can be reorganized or made more efficient
- As a member of the senior leadership team, provides relevant information and guidance to the Site Director to assess and improve the plant's operating and financial performance
- Leads the business planning processes (monthly forecasts, annual budget, long-range strategic plan)
- Oversees the monthly financial close and reporting processes, including variance analysis and monitoring of performance against key plant metrics
- Assesses organizational performance against budget and makes actionable recommendations together with heads of operational departments.
- Leads annual process of reviewing and resetting standard product costs
- Ensures that the site is in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and all company financial policies & procedures
- Oversees all site audit activities and acts as the liaison for internal and external audit partners to meet SOX requirements; ensures proper internal controls are in place and functioning properly at the plant
- Ensures proper valuation of month-end inventory and provides leadership for annual physical counts
- Prepares and provide ad hoc analysis and information to corporate management team as required, including quarterly and year-end reports, audit requests, bank requests, etc.
- Provides financial support for the site Performance Excellence program including calculating savings of the various cost reduction projects
- Participates in management meetings and activities as required, including meeting abroad
- Develops direct reports through effective performance management and ensures that the annual performance management processes are completed
- Continuously improves processes and systems with a view toward cost reduction and real time accuracy
- A minimum of Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant fields
- 10+ years of proven track record in a similar role with high skill level in Cost Accounting, Budgeting, and Forecasting
- Ex-Big4 Auditor with CPA is preferred but not a strict requirement but prior experience working in manufacturing sectors is mandatory
- Excellent project management skills, strong management and organizational development skills
- Proven leadership and success in the development of others and the ability to interact positively with employees at all levels of the organization regarding accounting and finance
- Ability to consult and influence decision-making process of senior management, experience presenting financial data to non-financial audiences
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Excellent command of English and a native Thai speaker
- Excellent skills using SAP Microsoft Office applications
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.