About the role:
As a Sr. Software Engineer (UI/React), you will be working on the newest generation software with a primary focus on new development and enhancements to support new business lines and verticals.
- Develop client-side web applications utilizing modern web technologies, standards, and techniques.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code; develop and execute unit tests.
- Troubleshoot issues in existing applications.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
- Identify and implement key application metrics and monitoring solutions.
- Translate use cases into functional applications; draft software requirements and design documents.
- Assist in development and delivery of project plans, task estimations and schedules
- Ability to collaborate effectively across functional, team, and time-zone boundaries
- Comfortable working with an Agile SDLC using Scrum, TDD, Git, Jira, etc.
- Experience in:
- REST-based services over HTTP(s).
- Familiarity with various design and architectural patterns.
- A strong working knowledge of agile software development methodologies.
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application and how it fits into a larger, distributed, platform; understanding of Functional Programming and OOP Principles
- Working knowledge of CSS3 and CSS Pre-processors including SASS.
- Ability to write clean, readable code and adhere to team style guides.
- Experience with versioning tools, specifically Git.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills; able to engage with users and stakeholders across disciplines in verbal and in writing; show professionalism and ability to use diplomacy in working relationships.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks with excellent attention to detail; able to perform independently and collaboratively, to take initiative, and to maintain productivity under pressure.
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.