Product Development Technologist - Food
Product Development - Process Development - FMCG - Food Industry - International Company - Based in Northeast
Our client is one of the biggest food Manufacturing companies on the world
- Leadership in the application of food science/technical knowledge to translate Product Development kitchen batch formulations to plant-ready formatted formulations, using a complex set of standards dictated by type of formula and specific manufacturing location requirements and unitized plant operations.
- Systematic build of formulas, procedures and specifications, Management system as required to ensure that products can be manufactured properly and according to the specifications
- Work collaboratively as a core member of multiple product commercialization business teams, independently managing all product documentation requirements as needed to meet project timelines.
- Manage the versioning and obsolescence of product documentation for multiple product brands to keep plant and R&D systems aligned.
- Work closely with other Technologists on the PDM, Product Development and Commercialization teams to adjust priorities and workload as needed to meet commercialization project timeline commitments for the division.
- Provide periodic and timely communication to Product Development, Supply Chain and the Manufacturing plants on the status of Product Formulation updates.
- Manage temporary and or emergency product change documentation to product formulations and incorporate them into the product formulations as required.
- Drive ownership in identification of Continuous Improvement in the processes for Product Formulation data management collaborating with the broader R&D and Supply Chain teams.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on special project teams focused on improving data quality and efficiency.
- Develop and document new/modified work processes and lead communication and change management /adoption to broader data management.
- Develop and maintain documentation/audit trail for internal new formulas and formula change requests.
- Communicate closely with Packaging, Product Development, Supply Chain, Regulatory Affairs and Marketing to maintain up-to-date project information and priorities.
- Conduct training to external teams as required on new and existing business processes (e.g. formula submission, label information requests, temporary notes, discrepancy reporting).
- Must possess a strong technical knowledge base of food principles from lab to plant scale-up and be able to apply that knowledge to formulations, manufacturing and finished product specifications.
- Knowledge of commercial food manufacturing systems, equipment and thermal processes.
- Excellent written and verbal technical communication skills, along with strong collaboration skills.
- Demonstrated analytical thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Proficient at independent planning and prioritization.
If you are interested, can you please apply directly via Jobs DB
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.