Program Manager is responsible for overall program/project delivery and profitability, providing program/project management leadership on customer projects as well as mentoring, coaching and managing Project Managers.
The Program Manager will be responsible for tracking the overall program and associated projects to deliver critical or multi-year customers projects/program. This will include working with Regional and Local PS technology teams, hardware and service teams and HQ domain experts to deliver the project required.
About the role:
- Manages large to complex projects and programs across Asia Pacific region
- Design and delivery of the overall program and project plans & milestones to deliver the program or multi-year project ensuring the definition of the program/project plan and budget and schedules all program/project activities in order to have a sound basis for program/project performance and risks measurement and appropriate levels of customer 'sign off'.
- Defines and deploys large program/project organization and adequate governance structures, including work streams, roles and responsibilities, advisory board and steering committees, in order to assure timely alignment between involved parties, clear expectations and escalation process in place.
- Ensures program/project realization in terms of project scope, time, costs and quality. Manages project performance and risks against the agreed plan, including the change control process and initiates ' timely 'remedial' actions, contract changes and escalations and ensures the formal handover of the solution, based on prior defined acceptance and handover criteria.
- Drives and controls the program/project P&L including financial forecasting and ensures accurate and timely reporting of the overall status and profitability of the project work streams and escalation of delta's to the organization and to the customer.
- Ensures all program/project stakeholders are timely identified, informed. Establishes trustworthy relations with key stakeholders to assure high levels of support to the project. Ensures that conflicts of interests are resolved in time and according to the target project scope.
- Keeps a sharp eye on change/risk management to defend on scope/cost creep. Clear willingness to intervene or assist in the activities of their team where circumstances demand
- Strong stakeholder management skills at a senior/board level
- May come up with alternative PM approaches as required by program/project dynamics. Defines and shares best practices within the Project/Program Managers community.
- Sourcing, recruitment and development of the project teams from both internal and external sources to deliver the required project
Are you the ideal candidate? You will have:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration / engineering or equivalent
- PMI's Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) or related certification preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of Project Management experience, with demonstrated experience in leading a large IT project teams through all phases of a project lifecycle
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant Retail industry experience
- Industry specific process know-how for technical software implementation processes is highly preferred
- In-depth knowledge of modern, agile SW development methodologies like SCRUM and Kanban as well as the traditional plan-driven methodologies (Waterfall, V-model)
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills to build effective working relationships with multiple internal and external stakeholders / including customers and customer's project team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills that are tailored to be effective and meaningful to all levels of audience
- Customer focused behaviour, consultancy and presentation skills
- Literate (able to write credible documents) and numerate (confident with calculating costs and margins)
- Fluent Business English skills (written and spoken)
EA Registration Number: R1983158
Argyll Scott Interim Pte Ltd (f.k.a. Hydrogen Group Pte Ltd) EA Licence Number: 16S8140