Leading international financial services group in Hong-Kong investing more and more into Data. At the end of 2018, they were more than 34,000 employees, over 82,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 28 million customers.
They operate globally in Asia, Canada and USA and value innovation, agile projects and an open culture. The regional Data science team is scaling-up their projects across all Asia and they have just expanded to 7 countries.
Directly reporting to the Chief Analytics/Data Science Officer, you lead a large data science/analytics team and the whole project delivery process from end to end with your internal clients across APAC.
You lead regional data initiatives across different business units and ensure the use of the latest analytics and data science solutions (user cases) and their commercialisation.
You deal with senior stakeholders from different business departments and work on projects related to: Customer portfolio and experience, Claims, Fraud detection, Bancassurance cross-sell, predictive Underwriting and CRM & Channel strategy.
Focusing on advanced analytics and data science (NLP, advanced modelling), you participate to ad-hoc platform projects: data lake design, building and roll out and analytics architecture strategy.
- Lead a team of data scientists onsite and a data engineer/software engineers' team offshore depending on the projects nature.
- Build data driven user cases and advanced analytical solutions
- Lead and manage the development and implementation of client solutions, including problem definition, data preparation, model training and evaluation, determining acceptance criteria, and maintenance workflow
- Drive the growth of the analytical/data science function in Asia & Groupe wide, you lead the community and create training material and governance documents
- 6/8 years' experience in Advanced Business Analytics and Data Science and/or Machine/Deep learning
- Preferably within the retail financial services industry
- Master or PhD degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or Quantitative Analysis
- English speaking skills and the Knowledge of one or more of the following languages is a plus: Mandarin, Cantonese, Japanese, Bahasa, Vietnamese, Thai and Khmer
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to drive new business initiatives and liaise with multiple senior stake holders
Location: Hong-Kong - Permanent role
Work from home allowed and encouraged
Start Date: August 2021 but open to notice period
- Attractive base salary: up to HKD 85 k/ month
- Bonus: 15-20%
- 22 annual leaves
More junior candidates can be considered as Lead Data Scientist (Manager grade).
Interested in this description? Would you like to know more?
The next steps are to apply with an updated CV to email@example.com or a first call through my direct line +852 6106 7562 for a confidential discussion.