About the Company
Our client is a leading global player in the FMCG space. Due to a continued expansion in the business, they are looking to hire a Senior Patent Counsel as part of their regional leadership team.
This rare In-house position provides an opportunity to play an integral role in the strategic direction in the business moving forward.
About the role
- Identify and develop strategic IP and wider business opportunities.
- Drive awareness and knowledge of IP systems across the business as well as the wider Legal & Compliance Function
- Enable new and accelerated approaches to develop new consumer-centric products, while ensuring adequate protection under tight timelines.
- Partner with the Legal Litigation Lead on any litigations
- A fully qualified and registered Patent Attorney with 10 years + post-qualification experience with patent drafting, prosecution and FTO assessment.
- Legally trained and/or common Law qualified lawyer
- Experience in either food, pharma or healthcare products is an asset.
- Proven experience with the IP system in multiple jurisdictions (in particular China), and ability to leverage this expertise into opportunities to optimally protect business' innovations.
- Experience in international filing and enforcement strategies and leveraging IP rights beyond patents. Leadership experience is an asset.
- Experience in R&D contract drafting, in particular IP-related clauses.
- Service-oriented, pragmatic, and hands-on, as well as a true team player able to successfully collaborate with Legal R&D colleagues around the globe.
- Proficiency in Mandarin as this candidate has to work with the team in China. Any other language is an asset.
Argyll Scott Singapore Pte Ltd
EA License No. 16S8105
EA Reg No: R1982285