Well established and reputable Retail Multinational in Hong Kong, they provide a wide range of products. Today, they want to strengthen their customer related projects and align with the latest global and regional data governance policies.
In a well established Data Governance/ Management team and reporting to the Head of Data, they want to bring in someone acting as a pillar of different change initiatives. You will have the responsibility to drive the whole Data Governance company policy and be the lead on several implementation project.
Focusing on Data Strategy, you will deal with several senior business stakeholders from different part of the business, especially Finance. On top, you work closely with other data team members on the Data platform/Engineering, Data Science and Data Analytics.
As the team grow, you will be responsible of managing more junior data governance team members.
- Run day-to-day data governance and management operations including data acquisition and onboarding, data processing, quality assurance and governance
- Build and deploy a metadata management framework to cover data lineage, access control, data catalogue, data encryption, anonymisation
- Engage with Data Engineering Team to design and continuously refine platform offerings
- Drive organisational data quality and ensure the protection of sensitive data through adoption of performance and quality metrics,
- Identify, collaborate with, and guide Data Stewards and Owners in various business areas
More junior candidates will be considered as Assistant.
- Master's Degree or Bachelor
- Between 5+ and 10 years of overall experience as Data governance specialist
- Fluent in English. Cantonese/Mandarin is a plus but not mandatory
- Retail/FMCG/Supply Chain background preferred
📍 Location: Hong Kong - Permanent role
🎥 Hybrid: Onsite + Remote work
💸 Salary budget: up to HKD 70k/month + 2 months bonus depending on seniority
✒️ Interview process: 3 rounds (only discussion)
Start Date: Jan/February 2023 but open to longer notice period
Interested in this description? Would you like to know more? The next steps are to apply with an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or a first call through my direct line +852 6106 7562 for a confidential discussion.
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.