- An international reputable global apparel and footwear company
- Adept Fashion/Apparel Designer in pattern making, technical design and fit
About the job
Our client is looking for a Technical Designer who partners with the brand developer on product development commercialization.
Our client is one of the globally leading largest apparel, footwear and accessories companies connecting people to the lifestyles, activities, and experiences. Their purpose is to power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet.
The Technical Designer is belonging to Quality Management Department and reporting directly to the Senior Technical Designer and is responsible for the followings:
- Ensure that the brand standards are upheld at all stages of the sampling process and partner with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that any product developed is not only fit for purpose but avert of risk and compatible for bulk production in the allocated manufacturing site, comprehensive and smooth handover from product development to production.
- With the support of data analytics, manage vendor performance and drive continuous improvement within the supply base
- Provide technical training
- Assist factory and QA/QE teams to comprehend SOP and product standards
- Carry out risk assessment evaluation as early in the process as permits, identify potential problems and make practical suggestions to mitigate risk
- Attend and participate in development meetings / virtual fit reviews (live model or mannequin)
- Work with the brand TD, sourcing and vendor to set up and support the technical preparations for these meetings to ensure maximum outcome and efficiency for everyone
- Understand results of product related testing and support with technical input, to eliminate risk in advance of bulk production
- Validate patterns before sending to vendors, where needed
- Working location is Hanoi
The successful candidates will possess Bachelor's degree in Design, or related fields, and academic training in Textile Technology, Clothing or equivalent qualifications. Several years' relevant experience and solid knowledge in manufacturing, design, product development and merchandising processes from the inception of design through production, computerized pattern system (e.g. Gerber) and PLM.
Proficient pattern making skills (including hands-on experience in flat pattern & draping), garment sizing and pattern grading. A trained eye of good fitting garment (both, on 'live' model and Fit Form) and thorough understanding of garment proportion and functionalities.
Knowledge of garment construction standard and engineering, textiles/fabric, trims, finishing (wet & dry), and manufacturing methods.
Ability to interpret design intent and offer alternative solutions, as needed.
Excellent communication by being proactive, effective and timely when communicating with all personnel.
Great communication in written and spoken English is the must. Ability to speak either Cantonese or Mandarin is good to have. Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe Illustrator
Open for Vietnamese local candidates only.
The ideal candidate will have an opportunity to be a part of a leading organisation in apparel industry with regional exposure. This position offers competitive package with other benefits provided by the company.
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.